We are committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal data. The purpose of this Policy is to explain why and how we process your personal data and, additionally, to explain your rights under applicable law.
SERVICE PROVIDER/DATA CONTROLLER INTRODUCTION
The controller of Personal Data collected through the Website is deSter BV, Gelmelstraat 96, 2320 Hoogstraten, Belgium, telephone: +32 3 340 12 90, e-mail: email@example.com.
For the European Economic Area, we appointed the following data protection representative and data protection officer: Martijn de Kiewit, firstname.lastname@example.org.
“Personal Data“, as used herein, means any and all information about an identifiable natural person or, to the extent required by law (e.g. in Belgium), about an identifiable legal entity.
This website, https://shop.dester.com hereinafter will be referred to as “the Website”.
“We“, “us” or “our“, as used herein, refers to deSter BV, more details on the legal entity are available in the Imprint section.
You may withdraw your consent at any time. We will then refrain from further processing your Personal Data, except to the extent the processing of your Personal Data is lawful for other reasons even without your consent (e.g. as necessary to comply with legal obligations or to protect overriding interests of third parties or ourselves, such as, e.g., the uninterrupted availability of our website or enforcement of violations of law, always provided, this is in compliance with applicable data protection laws).
PERSONAL DATA PROCESSING
We always seek, to the extent reasonably possible, to collect information on an anonymized basis or to anonymize information after collection. “Anonymizing” means that there is, objectively and irreversibly, no possibility that such information could be linked to you or another identifiable person. Such anonymized information does not qualify as Personal Data.
PURPOSE AND LEGAL BASIS FOR COLLECTING AND PROCESSING PERSONAL DATA
We collect and process your personal data for specific and limited purposes. We ask only for personal data that is adequate, relevant, and limited to what is necessary for those purposes. For all processing of personal data, we are required to have a legal basis to do so in compliance with applicable data privacy laws.
The purposes for which we collect and otherwise process your personal data and the legal basis for which we collect and otherwise process your personal data are detailed below:
- processing of your order in connection with the performance of our contractual relationship with you;
- if you choose to sign up to our offers for the legitimate purpose of sending you details of our offerings;
- to sign up to receive marketing materials from us with details of our offerings based on your prior consent. If at any time you decide that you do not wish for your personal data to be used for such marketing related messages, you can unsubscribe – further details below at, ‘Direct Marketing’;
- sending you marketing promotions, offers and competitions by email in order for us to promote our goods and services based on a legitimate interest to do so;
- improve our products and services based on our legitimate interest to continuously improve our products and services; and
- to obtain your feedback through our customer service team to answer any questions or concerns as part of our contractual relationship with you.
For each of the above purposes of processing, we collect, store and process categories of your personal data to include:
- Your full name for order processing and invoicing;
- Your address, email address and phone number, for order fulfillment and invoicing;
- Your IP address;
- Your purchase history for allowing you to repeat your last purchase and troubleshooting regarding problems that may occur on your order;
- Your comments and reviews via our customer service team;
- Website/Browsing History including location data for VAT and shipment calculation as well as personalized product suggestion; and
As indicated above, when you place an order on the Website, we will send you occasional direct marketing via email about similar products and services. We have a legitimate interest in sending you marketing to promote our products and services to our customers and to make sure you are aware of the best offers and deals available.
You can unsubscribe from direct marketing at any time by following the instructions provided in the email. We will stop sending you marketing messages as soon as possible, but, in any event, will do so not later than 30 days from your request.
If you have not placed an order in 12 months, then we will automatically opt you out of receiving further direct marketing. If you order from us again and have not previously unsubscribed, or if you place an order and opt-in to direct marketing, we will recommence sending marketing communications to you.
RECIPIENTS OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may need to share your personal data with third parties, including third-party service providers, and with other group entities, as required by the law, when it’s necessary to process your order or where we have a legitimate interest to do so.
We request third parties to respect the security of your Personal Data and to process it in line with applicable privacy laws.
When we share your personal data with third-party service providers, we will only disclose personal data necessary to provide the service. Before sharing any personal data, we will ensure that all providers are contractually bound and can demonstrate that your personal data:
- will be processed in accordance with applicable law;
- rights will be guaranteed;
- will be stored in a safe and secure manner to ensure confidentiality of the data;
- will only be kept for as long as it takes to process the service;
- will never be used for anything other than the processing of the requested service;
- will not be used by third parties for marketing purposes.
Recipients of your personal data include:
- companies that help get your purchases to you, such as payment service providers and delivery companies or as part of the standard customer journey for the purposes of taking payment and managing delivery to you;
- companies who help administer your account and support our customer service team set-up;
- professional service providers, such as IT providers, marketing agencies, advertising partners and website hosts who help us run our business and deliver our marketing and advertising to you; and
- data insight companies who ensure the information we hold is up to date and accurate.
Some of the recipients of Personal Data might be located outside of Belgium and the European Economic Area, i.e. in jurisdictions where Personal Data is not protected by law to an equivalent level like in Belgium and the European Economic Area. Before we make Personal Data available in such jurisdictions we do, however, make sure that such transfers are in compliance with data protection laws of Belgium and the European Union. Unless the European Commission and the Belgian Data Protection Authority (in Dutch: ‘Gegevensbeschermingsautoriteit’, in French: ‘L’Autorité de protection des données’) have decided that the country of the recipient provides adequate data protection legislation or the recipient is a subscriber to the EU/CH-US Privacy Shield, we always implement such contractual clauses as are recognized by the European Commission and the Belgian Data Protection Authority to provide adequate protection.
STORAGE DURATION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will delete your personal data when it is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was collected unless otherwise required under applicable laws.
Where you have agreed for us to use your personal data to make you aware of our products and services, any personal data collected for this purpose will be deleted if you decide to unsubscribe from such marketing related communications.
EXERCISING YOUR RIGHT TO REQUEST INFORMATION
You have the right to request that we rectify incorrect Personal Data. In addition, you have the right to request that we delete your Personal Data or that we stop processing your Personal Data. If you wish to make such request, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or a letter to deSter BV, Gelmelstraat 96, 2320 Hoogstraten, Belgium
Except where applicable data protection legislation does explicitly permit that we continue processing and/or keep your Personal Data, we shall forthwith delete and/or stop processing your Personal Data.
EXERCISING YOUR RECTIFICATION, ERASURE OR OPPOSITION RIGHTS
You have the right to submit an information request in order to learn what categories of Personal Data we are processing about you for what purposes, how we share your Personal Data with others and how long we store your Personal Data. If you would like to submit such request, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or a letter to deSter BV, Gelmelstraat 96, 2320 Hoogstraten, Belgium.
Your information request will be processed and answered without a fee, except if your requests are manifestly excessive (in particular because of their repetitive character) in which case we reserve the right to request a fee to respond to the request or to refuse to answer the request.
In rare cases we may – to the extent permitted by applicable law – have to partially or entirely refuse to answer your request. In such case we shall inform you about the reasons of such refusal. You are entitled to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority (see below “Lodge a complaint”) against such refusal and seek a judicial remedy.
Lodge a complaint
You have the right to lodge a complaint about our processing of your Personal Data or about our response to an information, rectification, or erasure request or to a request that we stop processing your Personal Data. If you wish to exercise such right, please refer to the
Belgian Data Protection Authority:
Rue de la Presse 35, 1000 Brussels, Belgium
+32 (0)2 274 48 00
+32 (0)2 274 48 35
For more information please see https://www.dataprotectionauthority.be/
Links to other providers’ websites:
This Website may contain links to other providers’ websites that are not covered by this Privacy and Cookies Statement but are subject to their own privacy policies.
Telephone: +32 3 340 12 11
RPR Antwerp Division Turnhout No. BE 0413.763.693
VAT no. BE 0413.763.693